When it comes to developing a career in business, this world-renowned exam, GMAT, is the perfect way for the stars of tomorrow to show off their skills. Whether you are going for an MBA or another business program, GMATs will be at the forefront of your mind. However, getting a good score on the GMAT examination is a tough nut to crack.
This is a high-level test designed to test the all-around mental and verbal intelligence of a person. While preparing on your own for the GMAT exam sounds challenging, you can always join coaching for better results. In this post, we’ve compiled all the essential information you’ll need to know about the test, along with quick tips on how best to prepare.
Complete Breakdown of GMAT Examination
Advanced level managers are always looking to hire candidates who have the right experience and skills. To evaluate the skill level of candidates, these top-notch firms use the Graduate Management Admission Test, popularly known as GMAT. While it is not an easy task, there are some reputable coaching like Jamboree Education Pvt Ltd, making it easier for students. The test is designed for four basic skill areas:
Analytical Writing Assessment
Each candidate will be provided with one essay question and 30 minutes to write down the best possible solution. The solution should be analytical, focusing on evaluating a situation or providing suggestions for better results. It also allows room for improvement as well as growth.
Integrated Reasoning Test
This skill tests how well you can apply your knowledge from different subjects. You’ll be given 12 different questions to answer in this section of the test, and some might require that you apply more than one skill from different areas. You can join a GMAT coaching in Kolkata to Learn More about different topics of integrated reasoning.
Each candidate will be provided with 2.5 hours to answer 40 questions. This section is scored on a scale of 0-60 and covers four basic skills:
- Problem Solving – The ability to solve complex problems based on mathematical models and concepts.
- Data Sufficiency – The ability to analyze basic data and assess its sufficiency for deciding without any outside information.
- Numeric Entry – The skill of entering numbers in the computer correctly, quickly, and without errors.
- Algebraic Reasoning – An ability to solve problems using various algebraic methods and dealing with unknown variables in the solution.
Comprising tough topics of reading comprehension and analytical reasoning, verbal reasoning is another tough topic for the GMAT examination. This section of the test is scored on a scale of 0-60 and covers all four basic skills.
- Reading Comprehension – The ability to understand various written materials, such as verbal and numerical content, graphics, and charts.
- Critical Reasoning – The ability to read through the arguments provided in a problem statement and assess their strength or weaknesses.
- Sentence Correction – An ability to understand the grammatical structure of sentences so you can correct any mistakes according to the given rules.
If you have a poor hand in solving questions of verbal reasoning, then you should join the best GMAT coaching classes in Kolkata.
Tips To Improve Your Performance In GMAT Exam
The only thing you need to remember is that proper preparation is the key. You can’t just sit back, expect the best results, and expect the same from others. Follow these steps carefully to get a good result on the GMAT with ease and without any stress.
- Make Practice A Routine – The key to getting a good score on the GMAT is practice. You’ll need to invest hours and complete adequate preparation.
- Don’t Be Overly Confident – While answering the question, try your best to stay calm and don’t over-think the questions, or you might make wrong guesses.
- Take Live Tests – This will be the best way to improve your score on GMAT. You’ll be able to tackle any kind of question in a real test, and you’ll learn many things along the way.
Be it admission to top business colleges or preparing for a job in banking. Many factors are going to play an important role. Your score on GMAT will be taken into consideration by several people, so at every step, make sure that you’re taking all necessary preparations.