QuickBooks has several great features designed to help you in every way possible, and the Multi-user access option is one of them. This feature allows you to run the Company File on those devices (workstations) where it (Company File) hasn’t been saved. In this way, you can access your Company File on various devices simultaneously to save your time and energy. But QuickBooks Error code 6210 stops you from doing so, which can serve you a tremendous amount of loss. If you are struggling with the same, you are on the right blog. Stay tuned for the best troubleshooting method against this error.
Upcoming sections of this blog contain the best troubleshooting method you can use against QuickBooks Error 6210, but if you feel confused implementing the method; you can call us round the clock by dialing +1-855-856-0042.
What is QuickBooks Error 6210?
This is a multi-user, and Company File error erupts when you try to open the Company File on workstations rather than the server. This error falls under the 6000 series of errors and can be fixed quickly by following the method mentioned below.
Server: The Server is the main device where the Company Files have been saved.
Workstations: Workstations are those devices where the Company File isn’t saved but can be accessed with the help of the QuickBooks server.
How to Identify the QuickBooks Error 6210?
When you try to open the Company File in QuickBooks and find this error message on your PC screen, understand that the respective error has occurred.
“We’re Sorry. QuickBooks encountered a problem when opening the company file. Review this help article on QuickBooks support site to resolve the issue. Error codes: (-6210, 0)
Why does the QuickBooks Error 6210 emerge?
There can be multiple possible reasons behind this error that are listed below.
- If the hosting on your QuickBooks is enabled.
- Either the Database Server Manager is not installed or isn’t working properly on your system.
- .ND and .TLG files are causing the error.
What to do when you see QuickBooks Error 6210?
In this section, we will recommend you a practically proven method you can use against this error without any expertise. Try to follow steps in the given way to get the best results.
- Open the folder on your system where you have saved your Company File.
- Search the Company Files in this folder that has .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Rename both files and add the word OLD at the end of both files.
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub and install it.
- Open Network Issues from the options you can see on the left-hand side of the window in the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Click on QuickBooks Database Server Manager. If it is not installed on your device, install it.
- Go to Start Scan option inside the Database Server Manager, and wait for the process to be done.
- Now open QuickBooks and you will find it working.
The above mentioned method is the perfect solution you use against QuickBooks Error 6210. However, if you still require any expert advice, you can call us 24/7 by dialing +1-855-856-0042.